The Tennessee Jewelers Association (TJA) is a non-profit organization that promotes ethics and camaraderie in a non-competitive environment!
Code Of Ethics
Members of the Tennessee Jewelers Association are dedicated and committed to maintaining the highest standards of honesty, fairness, professionalism and services. Our Code of Ethics serves to educate, inspire and unite our members, and, forms the basis for specific Rules of Professional Conduct by which all members have agreed to abide.
Code of Ethics:
- To strive to be good corporate citizens and to contribute to the communities in which they do business when formulating corporate policies and managments decisions.
- To strive to improve professionalism and expertise as individuals and as an organization at all times.
- To conduct business with honesty, sincerity, truthfulness and integrity at all times.
- To understand the importance of keeping promises and fullfillment of commitments to all parties.
- To comply with the letter and intent of all applicable laws and, at all times, show respect for the property of others.
- To advise and deal with every customer, in regard to each transaction, as they would wish to be advised and dealt with if they were the customer.
Tennessee Jewelers Association Members:
- Will strive to protect the industry and inform clients against fraud, misrepresentation and unethical business practices.
- Will adhere to all federal, state and local laws, including all Federal Trade Commission Guidelines and Bureau of Standard Definitions, as they apply to the jewelry industry.
- Shall not make statements about a competitor or another member of the industry or about the competitor's or member's reputation, merchandise or business practices which that member knows to be false, misleading, disparaging or defamatory. A member may however truthfully state his or her opinion, whether asked or not, but should fully set forth the basis for this opinion.
- Shall not intentionally misrepresent merchandise as to its nature, authenticity and/or origin.
- Will not engagein any illegal, unethical, false, misleading or deceptive business practices designed to come within the letter of the law but have the effect of deceiving clients or purchasers.
- Will follow advertising and selling practices that are in compliance with the rules and guidelines set forth in the Federal Trade Commission.
- Will clearly and conspicuoulsy disclose the basis for claims made in advertising or promotion that offer comparative prices or savings and will be prepared, and willingly volunteer, to substantiate their claims to a neutral party if challenged.
- Will fulfill all conditions of their guartantee or service policies, as represented to their customers.
- Will act in accordance with the spirit and letter of the Code of Ethics, Rules of Professional Conduct and Business Practices at all times.
TJA's position statement on gold. We believe that gold should be processed in a way that respects people and the earth.
TJA's position statement on responsible diamonds, regarding certification. We support the Gemological Institue of Americas Grading Standards.